Remember when 100 horsepower per liter of displacement was a huge feat of automotive engineering? That sort of power density was the preserve of high-strung motorsports powerplants and a handful of street engines not long ago. Well, today Mercedes has introduced its 2014 CLA45 AMG, and it cranks out an astounding 355 horsepower and 332 pound-feet of torque from just 2.0 liters. That's 178 horses per liter on pump gas in the high-performance version of Mercedes' entry-level model here in the Stat
- Spy shots automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!