What makes the Monterey car week so exciting is that it's not just one event – it's made up of numerous festivities that make the whole area south of San Franciso and San Jose a special place to be in mid-August. There's the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, of course, but also The Quail: A Motorsports Gathering, the Monterey Motorsports Reunion at Laguna Seca, the Concorso Italiana and numerous auctions of classic cars. But what really kicks it off is Gordon McCall's Motorworks Revival.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!