Tesla's JB Straubel speaks at Discovery conference. NHTSA wants safety rules for fuel cell vehicles and mild hybrids to match international guidelines. Bangkok begins electric bus trial.
2014 BMW i3: Euro NCAP Crash Test
- John Beltz Snyder
- Mar 7, 2016
- Jeffrey N. Ross
- Nov 27, 2013
The Euro NCAP just tested a recent batch of new cars including the 2014 BMW i3, and the EV Bimmer scored less-than-perfect results. Though not horrible, BMW's all-electric/range-extended i3 was given a four-star (out of five possible) crash rating due to concerns with front-occupant whiplash and side-impact protection.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX