Zero Motorcycles is recalling 268 of its electric motorcycles due a faulty mounting bolt on the front brake caliper, which is prone to corrosion. Were the bolts to fail or fracture, the caliper could come loose and that could stop the front wheels. This, of course, would be very bad news at anything more than a few miles per hour.
2013 Zero DS electric motorcycle
- Seyth Miersma
- Jul 19, 2013
Wired Autopia honcho and Autoblog alum Damon Lavrinc is finished with the internal combustion engine. And four wheels. And a closed cabin in which to commute. For the next six months, Lavrinc will be staring Range Anxiety right in its cold, dead (battery) eyes, while splitting lanes and commuting through San Francisco on a long-term-test 2013 Zero DS ZF 11.4 electric motorcycle.
- Domenick Yoney
- Oct 3, 2012
Our socks, they are knocked off.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX