When Toyota CEO Akio Toyoda wanted to give his company's 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup Camry a shakedown run, Kyle Busch was chosen to ride shotgun. Even though Busch has won 85 races driving Toyotas in three NASCAR series, it was Toyoda who took the driver's seat for a spin around Daytona International Speedway.
2013 Toyota Camry NASCAR
- Noah Joseph
- May 22, 2012
NASCAR may have once been a form of motorsport in which only domestic automakers competed. And that's largely still the case, with one notable exception: Toyota. The Japanese automaker faced some difficulty breaking into the Good Ol' Boys racing series, but though some purists may still malign it, Toyota is in NASCAR to stay. And this is its latest car.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX