The Viper GTS-R continues its march to a motorsports debut later this year in the GT class of the American Le Mans Series. Following its surprise debut alongside the new production SRT Viper at the 2012 New York Auto Show, the GTS-R underwent its first on-track test at Carolina Motorsports Park earlier this month. This time, however, the SRT crew took the GTS-R to Virginia International Raceway, an important track because it's actually on the ALMS schedule.
2013 SRT Viper GTS-R: New York 2012
- Noah Joseph
- Apr 5, 2012
Arguably the biggest news of the New York Auto Show for enthusiasts is the debut of the new SRT Viper. But as the high-performance arm of Chrysler has pointed out, the street-legal Viper "isn't the only high-performance snake making a triumphant return" here at Javitz.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX