When New York City picked the Nissan NV200 as its Taxi of Tomorrow, many were surprised that the vehicle wasn't electric, or even a hybrid for that matter. With NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg on hand, Nissan celebrated Earth Day on Monday by unveiling a pilot program of electric taxis for the city consisting of six 2013 Nissan Leaf EVs, which the mayor referred to as the "taxi of the day after tomorrow."
2013 Nissan Leaf NYC taxi
- Jeffrey N. Ross
- Apr 23, 2013
- Evelyn Kanter
- Apr 22, 2013
New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg drove up to the news conference in Rockefeller Center that introduced the first-ever all-electric NYC taxi in the back seat of - you guessed it – an EV taxi. Nissan and NYC chose Earth Day, today, to launch a zero-emission taxi fleet.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX