For the sake of safer cars, it sounds like the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration could be moving to create stricter crash tests that are similar to (and potentially even more rigorous) than what the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety recently instituted. In an interview with Automotive News, chief NHTSA administrator David Strickland said that the agency is looking into adding a new offset test as well as an angled impact test.
2013 Buick Verano gets 5-star safety rating
- Chris Tutor
- Dec 1, 2012
Congrats are in order for the 2013 Buick Verano. After its first National Highway Traffic Safety Administration crash tests, the Verano can brag about its perfect Five-Star overall rating. The car received five stars in the frontal and side crash tests and four out of five for the likelihood of rolling over.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX