Way back in 2004, Volkswagen took umbrage with Suzuki being granted permission to use the nameplate "SWIFT GTi" for a performance variant of its small-car offering (2012 equivalent seen here). Now, eight years and surely some very steep legal bills later, VW has finally dropped its claim against Suzuki.
- Aug 8, 2013
2012 Suzuki Swift Sport: Frankfurt 2011
- Steven J. Ewing
- Sep 14, 2011
Despite the on-again, off-again rumors about its potential voyage to the United States, the Suzuki Swift still remains a tasty piece of forbidden fruit. A shame, too, especially since this new Sport version sounds like it'd be quite the enjoyable steer.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models