For a two-week period this year, Nissan apparently incorrectly assembled the air bag control unit in both the 2012 Altima and the 2012 NV work van. That's the news from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, which today announced a small recall of the two vehicles – the potential number of vehicles affected is just 54.
2012 Nissan Altima Sedan
- Sebastian Blanco
- Aug 15, 2011
- Chris Shunk
- Aug 1, 2011
The recall bug has struck Nissan, but fortunately it appears the Japanese automaker caught the problem early on. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says on its website that Nissan is recalling 20,000 copies of the 2011 and 2012 Altima built between April 25 and June 10 due to a suspension bolt that may not have been torqued to specification.
- Zach Bowman
- Jul 22, 2011
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX