Up until now, if you wanted the top-of-the-line version of the Kia Rio 5-Door, you could only get it with the six-speed automatic transmission. But now, Kia has now announced a limited run of six-speed manual-equipped hatchbacks.
2012 Kia Rio 5-door: First Drive
- George Kennedy
- Sep 11, 2012
- Zach Bowman
- Sep 26, 2011
Kia has announced that the 2012 Rio 5-door will carry a price tag of just $13,600, excluding a $750 destination fee. For that slim slice of change, buyers can enjoy a vehicle with an automatic start/stop system designed to conserve fuel when the hatch would otherwise be idling. Kia says that this is the first application of the technology outside of the hybrid and luxury segments in the States. Combined with the company's 1.6-liter direct-injection four-cylinder engine, the 2012 Rio 5-Door is go
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX