The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has slapped Hyundai with a $17.35 million fine for delaying a recall on the 2009 to 2012 Hyundai Genesis sedan back in 2013. The recall grew from the original figure of 27,500 units to 43,500 sedans in November of last year, and focused on brake fluid that wouldn't prevent corrosion of the hydraulic control unit.
2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec
- Brandon Turkus
- Nov 9, 2013
Hyundai is expanding a recall we reported on a few weeks back regarding some 2009 to 2012 Genesis Sedans. In our earlier post we mentioned some 40,000 units were affected, but that only 27,500 were covered under the original, voluntary recall.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX