The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has slapped Hyundai with a $17.35 million fine for delaying a recall on the 2009 to 2012 Hyundai Genesis sedan back in 2013. The recall grew from the original figure of 27,500 units to 43,500 sedans in November of last year, and focused on brake fluid that wouldn't prevent corrosion of the hydraulic control unit.
2012 Hyundai Genesis 5.0 R-Spec
- Brandon Turkus
- Nov 9, 2013
Hyundai is expanding a recall we reported on a few weeks back regarding some 2009 to 2012 Genesis Sedans. In our earlier post we mentioned some 40,000 units were affected, but that only 27,500 were covered under the original, voluntary recall.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!