It appears that the World Rally Championship has lost another key player. After word that Mini is leaving WRC comes news that Ford is pulling out as well. While Mini's departure was rooted in its tenuous relationship with Prodrive, Ford's exit from the sport is tied to the poor economic climate in Europe.
2012 Ford Fiesta RS WRC
- Zach Bowman
- Oct 7, 2012
If one absolutely must crash out of professional rally event, one might as well do it with style. At least that seems to be the philosophy of Petter Solberg. The Norwegian World Rally Championship driver bowed out of the Rally of France Alsace on Saturday when he left the course, drove through a vineyard, rejoined the course briefly, drove through a second vineyard and struck a power pole. As if that weren't bizarre enough, the impact sent the pole crashing to the ground, narrowly missing specta
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX