A monstrous supercharged V8 engine could be in store for Chrysler and SRT products, if recent rumors are to be believed. Allpar is reporting that the forced-induction V8 – Chrysler's first, if this goes down – could make its debut this summer.
2012 Dodge Charger SRT8: First Drive
- Jeff Glucker
- Jul 26, 2011
If 470 horsepower is fun, 570 raging stallions can be positively evil. Rumor has it that Chrysler thinks so too, and the automaker plans to unveil an optional tier of SRT vehicles with upgraded powerplants. Later in the year, the Dodge Charger SRT8 and Chrysler 300 SRT8 will reportedly be available with an Eaton-sourced supercharger that will up output to somewhere in the 540-570-horsepower range.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX