General Motors was proud to show off a bit of recent crash testing done with its 2012 Chevrolet Sonic, and for good reason, too. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has officially highlighted the subcompact cruiser as a Top Safety Pick. To qualify, the Sonic needed to earn 'Good' scores in Frontal Offset, Side Impact and Roof Strength tests. Non-spoiler alert: it earned A-plus marks across the board.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX