Volkswagen has its XL1, the aero coupe that promises 235 miles per gallon through the use of a two-cylinder TDI diesel, an electric motor with a lithium-ion battery pack, and a seven-speed DCT. Rumored to hit showrooms next year, it will be sold in limited markets and in limited numbers. Over the corporate fence, Autocar reports that Audi is also working on a 1.0-liter car, but theirs looks to have a very different brief.
2012 Audi A1 Sportback: First Drive
- Jeff Sabatini
- Jun 15, 2012
Audi is launching a German-market special edition of its tiny A1 and A1 Sportback. Called A1 Amplified, the special models are available now in either Misano Red or Glacier White paint and include some special trim and other upgraded options.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX