The aging, oft-forgotten Mitsubishi Lancer won't get a replacement until sometime in 2014, but a new report states that the next-generation model could be a relatively drastic departure from the car you see here. Mitsubishi Motors Corporation President Osamu Masuko told Australian site The Motor Report that the new Lancer will be smaller than the current car, going in a different direction than the vast majority of other automakers.
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer ES
- Steven J. Ewing
- Aug 9, 2011
Yoichi Yokozawa, CEO of Mitsubishi Motors North America, recently confirmed to Automotive News that a new Lancer SE will be arriving this fall as a 2012 model. The SE will feature the all-wheel drive of the Ralliart and Evolution models, but will be paired with the naturally aspirated engine found in the current DE, ES (pictured) and GTS trims.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX