NHTSA is investigating the 2011-2012 F-150 with the 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 for potential loss of power braking assist. There are two allegations of crashes from this issue, and a recall could affect an estimated 250,000 of the pickups.
2011 Ford F-150
- Noah Joseph
- Apr 14, 2014
Typically when we report on the findings of an investigation from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, it's because the government body has discovered a safety issue and prescribed a recall. In this case, however, NHTSA has closed an investigation into a reported performance deficit without ever getting to the recall stage.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX