Ford is recalling thousands of F-Series pickup trucks from the 2011 and 2012 model years over a transmission problem that, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, "fails to comply with the requirements of federal motor vehicle safety standard number 114, theft protection." NHTSA reports that the transmissions in these defective trucks can be shifted out of the park position without pressing the brake pedal due to a problem with the brake shift interlock switch.
2011 Ford F-150 Harley-Davidson: Review
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies