The Shelby Daytona Coupe was the first American car ever to win the FIA World Sportscar Championship, and it won back-to-back class victories in the 12 Hours of Sebring. As the car celebrates its 50th birthday this year, it has another honor to add to its list of accolades. The first vehicle to be placed on the National Historic Vehicle Register is 1964 Daytona Coupe serial number CSX2287, the prototype the rest of models were based on.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX