DaimlerChrysler has announced that it is recalling 2005 and 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren models due to a problem with the electrical system. The $450,000, 617-hp car with a top speed of 208 mph could catch fire due to the high temperatures generated by the electrical system and the resulting damage inflicted upon the vehicle's alternator. So far, no fire or accidents have been reported. The recall affects 433 vehicles in the United States, and will involve replacing the alternat
Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Recalls
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
Get recall details from the NHTSA and find out what to do if your car been recalled.