Engineers have a heck of a job on their hands developing any new model, but when it comes to an SUV, they've got to conduct testing both on the road and off. That's why, in preparation to launch the all-new Discovery Sport, the development team at Land Rover has built 181 prototypes that have already covered some 750,000 miles over all manner of terrain. The prototypes have waded through two feet of water, climbed up 40-degree inclines and down 45-degree grades and endured temperatures from -33
Land Rover Discovery Sport Videos
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies