So my car is shuddering on idle. This only happens when the car has warmed up to operating temperature and worse when the outside temperature is warmer. It runs fine until i stop at a robot for example where it then starts to jerk getting progressivly worse until its rhythmically shaking. If i rev it to 1000rpm the shake goes away. The car idles at 850rpm and doesnt vary at all. Any assistance please.
Audi A3 - Shudder on idle
- You will see these arrows in every question page. They allow you to upvote/downvote according to the relevancy of the question/answer.
- Edit your question/answer if you wish to change it or update it.
- If you dont understand something about the question, leave a comment asking. The answer field should be only used for answers.
- If the author of a question marks an answer as the solution, this mark will be visible.
- Click here to see more details about the operation of the system!
I would check your throttle position sensor (TPS) to make sure the voltage is within factory range. It may need to be adjusted or replaced.