I know there is always a sign at the gas station that asks me to turn off the engine. Is this really needed? It's really hot outside and I'd rather not have to turn off the air conditioning if I can help it.
Do I really need to turn off my engine while pumping gas?
- You will see these arrows in every question page. They allow you to upvote/downvote according to the relevancy of the question/answer.
- Edit your question/answer if you wish to change it or update it.
- If you dont understand something about the question, leave a comment asking. The answer field should be only used for answers.
- If the author of a question marks an answer as the solution, this mark will be visible.
- Click here to see more details about the operation of the system!
I would turn it off. My dad had his truck catch fire at the pump while his engine was running. Not sure if it was the engine or the lit cigarette he always had, LOL!