NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 14V698000
RECALL DATE: 2014-11-04
Porsche Cars North America, Inc. (Porsche) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Porsche 911, Boxster, and Cayman vehicles manufactured May 7, 2014, to September 23, 2014. The front hood upper lock components were not manufactured to specification and may fail to securely latch the vehicle's hood during operation.
A failure of the hood latching mechanism may cause the hood to suddenly open during vehicle operation and will severely impede the driver's ability to see out the front windshield, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Porsche will notify owners, and dealers will replace the lock on the front hood, free of charge. The recall began December 12, 2014. Owners may contact Porsche customer service at 1-800-767-7243. Porsche's number for this recall is AE04.
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
- Here are the best-selling vehicles in America
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler: Everything we know
- Trump and Clinton seen in surprising cars
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- 2018 Chevy Corvette ZR1 convertible spied
- Jeep Grand Wagoneer coming soon
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover