NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 14V158000
RECALL DATE: 2014-04-03
Mercedes Benz USA, LLC (Mercedes) is recalling certain model year 2014 GL350 BlueTEC 4Matic, GL450 4Matic, GL550 4Matic, and GL63 AMG vehicles manufactured November 4, 2013, through November 15, 2013. In the affected vehicles, the foldable second row seat bottom may not fold down low enough to allow proper use of the child seat achors. As such, these vehicles do not conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 225, "Child Restraint Anchorage Systems."
Without the use of the lower anchor points, a child restraint may be insufficiently or improperly anchored to the seat, increasing the risk of injury to the child in the event of a crash.
Mercedes will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the seat pan of the second row seat, free of charge. The recall began on May 2, 2014. Owners may contact Mercedes at 1-800-367-6372.
CHILD SEAT:VEHICLE LATCH ANCHOR
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.
- Acura scores lowest in customer satisfaction
- The BMW M4 is spied with a massive wing
- Find the right minivan with our Car Finder tool
- Hybrids make poor financial sense for buyers
- The Grand Tour's legal fracas with Top Gear
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover