2014 Mercedes-Benz GL-Class Recalls
NHTSA Campaign ID #
Mercedes Benz USA, LLC (Mercedes) is recalling certain model year 2014 GL350 BlueTEC 4Matic, GL450 4Matic, GL550 4Matic, and GL63 AMG vehicles manufactured November 4, 2013, through November 15, 2013. In the affected vehicles, the foldable second row seat bottom may not fold down low enough to allow proper use of the child seat achors. As such, these vehicles do not conform to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 225, "Child Restraint Anchorage Systems."
Without the use of the lower anchor points, a child restraint may be insufficiently or improperly anchored to the seat, increasing the risk of injury to the child in the event of a crash.
Mercedes will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, replace the seat pan of the second row seat, free of charge. The recall began on May 2, 2014. Owners may contact Mercedes at 1-800-367-6372.
CHILD SEAT:VEHICLE LATCH ANCHOR
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- Deaths? Danger? Consumers still don't care about recalls
- 208k Kia Soul models recalled over broken pedals
- Federal investigators seek clarity on millions of Takata documents
- Takata fined $14,000 a day for failing to cooperate with feds
- New NHTSA boss: More recalls ahead
- Auto industry insider previews tell-all book, What Did Jesus Drive?
- Obama administration eyeing new NHTSA boss after safety lapses
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »