NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 14V409000
RECALL DATE: 2014-07-09
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2014 Buick Regal, Cadillac XTS, Chevrolet Camaro and Chevrolet Impala vehicles. Improperly torqued fasteners may cause the steering intermediate shaft and the steering gear and/or the lower control arm and the lower ball joint to separate.
If any of the components separate, the vehicle may have a loss of steering, increasing the risk of a crash.
GM began to notify owners on June 27, 2014, and dealers will inspect the fasteners for correct torque, correcting them as necessary, free of charge. Owners may contact GM customer service at 1-800-521-7300 (Buick), 1-800-458-8006 (Cadillac) or 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet). GM's number for this recall is 14378.
General Motors LLC
- Here are the best-selling vehicles in America
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler: Everything we know
- Trump and Clinton seen in surprising cars
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- 2018 Chevy Corvette ZR1 convertible spied
- Jeep Grand Wagoneer coming soon
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover