NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 13V084000
RECALL DATE: 2013-03-11
Volvo is recalling certain model year 2013 S60 and XC60 vehicles, manufactured on January 7, 2013. The product identification labels were printed with the incorrect manufacture year. Thus, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of 49 CFR Part 567, "Certification Regulation."
With an incorrect date of manufacture on the certification label, the vehicle owner may not be to determine if they are affected by future vehicle recalls, increasing their risk of a crash of injury.
Volvo has quarantined the affected vehicles and will install correct labels prior to sale. The recall began during March 2013. Owner notification letters will not be sent.
Volvo Car USA LLC
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover