NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 16V171000
RECALL DATE: 2016-03-24
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2012-2014 Passat vehicles equipped with TDI engines. Due to improperly assembled wire seals in a connector for an underbody sensor, water may enter and corrode the electrical connectors of the sensor, causing an electrical short.
An electrical short can cause the electrical connectors of the sensor to overheat, increasing the risk of a fire.
Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the connector, replacing it as necessary, free of charge. The manufacturer has not yet provided a notification schedule. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298. Volkswagen's number for this recall is 23T3.
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
- Great cars with manual transmissions
- Ford GT production extended by two years
- Find the right minivan with our Car Finder tool
- Honda reveals Civic hatch
- The Scaldarsi Emperor I is one hideous Maybach
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover