NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 15V587000
RECALL DATE: 2015-09-22
Suzuki Motor of America, Inc. (Suzuki) is recalling certain model year 2012-2103 Suzuki SX4 vehicles manufactured September 3, 2011, to April 5, 2013. In the affected vehicles, insufficient clearance between the power steering pump body and the power steering fluid control valve may cause improper movement of the valve, and as a result, the power steering pump may seize.
A seizure of the power steering pump would cause a loss of power steering assist, requiring extra steering effort at lower speeds, increasing the risk of a vehicle crash.
Suzuki will notify owners, and dealers will replace the power steering pump, free of charge. The recall began on October 9, 2015. Owners may contact Suzuki's customer service number at 1-800-934-0934. Suzuki's number for this recall is VS.
STEERING:HYDRAULIC POWER ASSIST:PUMP
Suzuki Motor of America, Inc.
- Here are the best-selling vehicles in America
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler: Everything we know
- Trump and Clinton seen in surprising cars
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- 2018 Chevy Corvette ZR1 convertible spied
- Jeep Grand Wagoneer coming soon
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover