2013 Mercedes-Benz M-Class Recalls
NHTSA Campaign ID #
Mercedes-Benz is recalling certain accessory all-season floor mats sold for use in model year 2012 and 2013 Mercedes-Benz ML-Class vehicles. This all-season floor mat may not fully conform to the contour of the vehicle's floor plan as intended. Clearance between the mat and the gas pedal may be reduced, possibly allowing the pedal to become trapped.
This interference could prevent the gas pedal from retracting and the vehicle may not decelerate as expected when the driver lifts their foot from the gas pedal, which could increase the risk of a crash. Should the pedal become trapped, steady application of the brakes will allow the vehicle to be brought to a stop.
Mercedes-Benz will notify owners, and dealers will replace the floor mats free of charge. Until replacement mats become available, consumers are advised to remove their floor mats from the vehicle. The safety recall began on December 21, 2012. Only vehicles equipped with the accessory floor mats are affected. Owners may contact Mercedes-Benz for more information at 1-800-367-6372.
Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC.
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- Federal investigators seek clarity on millions of Takata documents
- Takata fined $14,000 a day for failing to cooperate with feds
- New NHTSA boss: More recalls ahead
- Auto industry insider previews tell-all book, What Did Jesus Drive?
- Obama administration eyeing new NHTSA boss after safety lapses
- 1 In 5 Vehicles Has Been Recalled This Year
- Chrysler Recalls Over 566,000 Trucks, SUVs
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »