NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 16V621000
RECALL DATE: 2016-08-25
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2015 Ford Taurus, Ford Flex, Lincoln MKS and Lincoln MKT vehicles equipped with 3.5L GTDI Ecoboost engines and 2013-2015 Ford Taurus Police Interceptor vehicles. A component within the fuel pump electric module (PEM) may overheat causing a loss of electrical power to the fuel pump.
A loss of power to the fuel pump will cause the engine to stall or prevent the vehicle from starting, increasing the risk of a crash.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the fuel PEM part number and replace the fuel PEM, as necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin September 12, 2016. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16S31.
FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE:DELIVERY:FUEL PUMP
Ford Motor Company
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover