NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 16V345000
RECALL DATE: 2016-05-24
Ford Motor Company (Ford) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 F-150 vehicles manufactured August 1, 2013, to August 31, 2014 equipped with 3.5L engines. The master cylinder rear cup seal may roll, resulting in brake fluid leakage from the primary reservoir into the brake booster.
Loss of brake fluid from the primary reservoir results in a complete loss of front brake function, increasing the risk of a crash.
Ford will notify owners, and dealers will replace the brake master cylinder and, if necessary, the brake booster, free of charge. Remedy parts are currently unavailable. Ford mailed interim notices to owners on July 12, 2016. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available. Owners may contact Ford customer service at 1-866-436-7332. Ford's number for this recall is 16S24.
SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:FLUID
Ford Motor Company
- Spy shots automakers don't want you to see
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Bargain-priced performance hatchbacks
- Why trucks matter so much in Texas
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover