NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 16V302000
RECALL DATE: 2016-05-16
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2012-2016 Fiat 500 vehicles manufactured June 21, 2010, through January 12, 2016, equipped with a manual transmission. The clutch diaphragm spring may fracture and fail, causing an inability to switch gears.
If the clutch diaphragm spring fails, the driver may not be able to shift gears or the vehicle may lose motive power, increasing the risk of a crash.
The remedy for this recall will include the installation of a clutch pedal limiter and a clutch pedal switch. Interim notices were mailed to owners on June 28, 2016. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available in late November 2016. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is S34.
POWER TRAIN:MANUAL TRANSMISSION
Chrysler (FCA US LLC)
- Here are the best-selling vehicles in America
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler: Everything we know
- Trump and Clinton seen in surprising cars
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Tesla just installed Autopilot on all its cars
- How to drive an Acura NSX into a casino
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover