NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 14V656000
RECALL DATE: 2014-10-20
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain model year 2011-2013 Jetta vehicles manufactured March 1, 2010, to November 30, 2012, and 2012-2013 Beetle vehicles manufactured March 1, 2011, to July 31, 2013. The durability of the rear trailing arms may be reduced in vehicles whose rear trailing arms have been previously deformed, such as a result of a rear or side-rear impact crash.
The reduced durability of the trailing arm may result in its sudden fracture, possibly causing loss of vehicle control and increasing the risk of a crash.
Volkswagen will notify owners, and dealers will install a sheet metal inlay on the rear axle trailing arms designed to prevent a sudden loss of control in the event of trailing arm sudden fracture, free of charge. The recall began April 7, 2015. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298.
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
- Acura scores lowest in customer satisfaction
- The BMW M4 is spied with a massive wing
- Find the right minivan with our Car Finder tool
- Hybrids make poor financial sense for buyers
- The Grand Tour's legal fracas with Top Gear
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover