NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 12V464000
RECALL DATE: 2012-09-20
Suzuki is recalling certain model year 2012 Equator two-wheel drive vehicles manufactured from June 19, 2012, through July 12, 2012. These vehicles may have been equipped with front wheel hubs that may not meet the design hardness specifications. A wheel hub that was manufactured below hardness specification may wear prematurely and eventually crack.
If the vehicle is driven with a cracked wheel hub, the wheel hub may break, which would reduce the driver's ability to control the vehicle, possibly resulting in a vehicle crash.
All of the affected vehicles have been quarantined at Suzuki dealers prior to being sold. As such, a recall notification letter will not be issued. Suzuki dealers will replace the left and right side front wheel hub assemblies free of charge. Customers may contact Suzuki at 1-877-697-8985.
Suzuki Motor of America, Inc.
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover