NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 17V224000
RECALL DATE: 2017-04-05
Kia Motor Company (Kia) is recalling certain 2011-2014 Optima, 2012-2014 Sorento and 2011-2013 Sportage vehicles. Machining errors during the engine manufacturing process may cause premature bearing wear within the engine.
Bearing wear may result in the engine seizing, increasing the risk of a crash.
Kia will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the engine assembly, and replace the engine if necessary, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin May 25, 2017. Owners may contact Kia customer service at 1-800-333-4542. Kia's number for this recall is SC147.
ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:ENGINE
Kia Motors America
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover