NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 16V517000
RECALL DATE: 2016-07-07
General Motors LLC (GM) is recalling certain model year 2011 Buick Regal vehicles manufactured November 3, 2009, to March 25, 2011, equipped with 8-way power adjustable front seats. The power seat wiring harness may contact the seat frame, causing the wires to chafe.
Chafed harness wires may cause a short circuit, increasing the risk of a fire.
GM will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and secure the wiring harness, and repair any chafed wires as necessary, free of charge. Remedy parts are currently unavailable. Interim notices were mailed to owners on August 18, 2016. Owners will receive a second notice when remedy parts become available. Owners may contact Buick customer service at 1-800-521-7300. GM's number for this recall is 30710.
General Motors LLC
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover