NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 16V083000
RECALL DATE: 2016-02-11
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (VW) is recalling certain model year 2009 Volkswagen Routan vehicles manufactured February 7, 2008, to August 28, 2008. In the affected vehicles, the air bag control units may corrode and fail.
If the air bag control unit fails, the air bags may not deploy in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of occupant injury. Additionally, the air bags may inadvertently deploy, increasing the risk of a crash.
VW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the air bag control unit, free of charge. The recall began April 2016. Owners may contact Volkswagen customer service at 1-800-893-5298.
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover