NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 14V507000
RECALL DATE: 2014-08-19
Jerr-Dan Corporation (Jerr-Dan) is recalling certain model year 2009-2014 Ford F-350 Super Duty, F-450 Super Duty, and F-550 Superduty chassis modified by Jerr-Dan and equipped with certain Muncie Power Products PTO Assemblies. In the affected vehicles, oil may leak from the PTO pressure switch onto a thermal blanket covering the exhaust.
The leaking oil may soak into the thermal blanket covering the exhaust, which when combined with heat from exhaust, may result in an increased risk of fire.
Jerr-Dan will notify owners, and dealers will install a new pressure switch kit that moves away from the exhaust system, free of charge. The recall began in October 2014. Owners may contact Jerr-Dan customer service at 1-800-926-9666.
- Here are the best-selling vehicles in America
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler: Everything we know
- Trump and Clinton seen in surprising cars
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- 2018 Chevy Corvette ZR1 convertible spied
- Jeep Grand Wagoneer coming soon
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover