2008 Versa Owner Reviews (16)
Quality Car for the money!
AOL user Feb 15, 2009
I was very impressed with the Nissan Versa. It comes with quality equipment despite the price and the 1.8L engine is surprisingly peppy. Mpg so far is around 30, even though most driving is in the city. I would recommend this as an option for anyone looking for value, especially a young driver.
Love my car!
Itzpat2 Feb 03, 2009
In may of 08 I bought a Nissan Versa 4 dr sedan. I love it! Have made some full seating long trips and everyone agrees that it is roomier than any other small car they had rode in. even the 6.6 footer in the back seat!
IS ME CSB Jan 22, 2009
I bought my Versa in June after starting a new job 50 miles away. I bought it for the supposedly better gas mileage. Wellllllllllll........If I am driving downhill and a very strong wind is behind me and I am in neutral....I might get 30 MPG. Generally I get around 27. At 1200 miles I had to have my rotors turned on my brakes. At 15000 miles I just replaced an idler something. This car is fun to drive--IF it isn't windy--otherwise my arms feel like I have done 50 sit-ups. This is my 10th Nissan, the others were all Sentras. I am not too sure there will be an 11th one living at my house. I am very, VERY disappointed in this car!
RPAUL777 Oct 05, 2008
My wife and I rented a versa and went to Colorado in the mountains. It was very roomy and comfortable. I have a bad back and it was great. As for the gas mileage, we averaged about 36 mpg. That was in the mountains and in the city. I defenitely want to buy one.
Muvof4boys Aug 23, 2008
Bought my car in June and I just love it.I have always driven a Honda and I sold my 18 year old Civic for the Versa Hatchback. I am so excited about how it drives, noiseless engine, roomy, hold to the road and wonderful gas millage. I wake up every am looking forward to driving somewhere. Neat car. Even for a 76 year old woman...M
love this car!
AOL user Jul 30, 2008
this is by far the best car i have owned....it is easy to drive and park, gets great gas mileage and for a small car has a very roomy interior. love the fact it has 6 beverage holders in the front!!two in the console, two between the seats and one on each door...whoever thought of that was a genius!!go on several over 500 mile trips a year and this is great on your back, very comfortable...just love everything about this car!! would highly recommend you purchase it.
bad transmisson and bad build quality
ZHEBINZHENG Jul 29, 2008
1. Right now the car drives at an average of 21 miles per gallon, half city half highway. 2. The passenger side door lock was broken since purchase, had to go to dealer to change. 3. After 2000 miles, hear clicking noises from many places. 4. The second time we went to the dealer they found out the suspension was broken and changed it. 5. But still hear the noices from the base. This time the dealer said the problem is the heat sheild falling down. 6. Sometimes the driver seat makes a squeeking sound. 7. Right now I have driven about 2800 miles, and hear noice from the transmission. Everytime the car move when transmission is cold, I hear a clicking sound once between first to second gear. Only when low speed and cold transmission. I have went to the dealer four times for the same problem,the first three times the mechanic said they don't hear anything, and the fourth time the mechanic drove the car and I sat next to him, he heard the clicking sound from the transmission, the dealer said they will fix it but after two days they say they don't hear the noice anymore, so they did nothing. So right now I drive Versa with this problem.
YES YES YES
Sccats213 Jul 14, 2008
i AGREE with the guy who said mileage was terrible his first week....mine did too BUT I went back to the dealer to complain.....He explained that the engine had to be "seeded" first- this takes 2500-3000 miles....as my other half worked on race cars for several years he knew what the dealer meant and agreed.......In the beginning it was 18.88 to 22 mpg- YIKES! BUT starting at 2500 miles I NOW Average 27/28 mpg around the suburbs and 36/37 once I am driving 50-65mph non stop.....I do get a bit less when the car is Loaded with cargo and passengers but that's OK as it has Plenty of room for All when needed.
SRTHREAD Jul 14, 2008
I LOVE this car!! aND THE PRICE! I had a 2007 hatchback model for 2.5 months that was rear ended at a stop light by a drunk driver going 50mph NO breaking- $7,000 damage! I walked away with back damaged but alive! I was not comfortable with a "fixed" new car that had unibody damage so I traded for a new 2008 model also a hatchback......Both had/have the CVT transmision which I really appreciate now with a sore back- you do feel any "kick" when it changes gear ...I zip right into traffic, NO lagging , plenty of Pep like all Nissans! My hubby hated my Suburu Legacy wagon that I finally gave up for the Versa because he didn't fit..he fits fine in the Versa and may end up borrowing it for commuting to work (60miles round trip) because MY Versa get 34-36 mpg on the highway (26-28 running around town)!! His Maxima only gets him 26 mpg. commuting. I looked at and test drove every small car out there over a 2 year period - including the Prius (electronic readout was NOT visible in the brite sunlight! Scarey)- and none of them was worth giving up my Suburu...to pacify my Hubby I finally stopped at the Nissan dealer and "found" the Versa...took a test drive, drove 2 blocks and called my hubby that this was THE CAR!! QUIET, PEPPY, SMOOTH, Plenty of ROOM and I LOVE the Intelli key, not to mention the bluetooth and moonroof!
Review of 2008 Nissan Versa
Alandlyn1940a Jul 05, 2008
bought the 2008 s model 6 speed hatchback in oct 0f 2007, the car is ok for all around driving. front seat is ok would like telescoping sterring weel.milage is only 29m.p.g. and i drive very easy on the gas. at 4000 miles i had to replace a fuel module,that's not to good for a new car.u can't beat the price, but if i had to do it again i would buy a toyata crolla,a few dollos more but worth it better gas milage a bigger car ,i rate this car a 8 out of 10 just know u can do better for a few dollors more. would i recommend it to friend yes.
Own or Drive this Vehicle? Write a Review
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover