NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 13V470000
RECALL DATE: 2013-10-23
Automobili Lamborghini America LLC (Lamborghini) is recalling certain model year 2006 through 2010 Murcielago Coupes and Roadsters fitted with carbon ceramic brake discs. The stainless steel screws that secure the brake rotors may fail after being exposed to salty conditions.
Failure of the securing screws may result in a reduction of braking ability, increasing the risk of a crash.
Lamborghini will notify owners, and dealers will replace the screws, free of charge. The safety recall began February 27, 2014. Owners may contact Lamborghini at 1-866-681-6276. The manufacturer's numbers for this campaign are L82X-R.01.13 (Model Year 2006 Murcielago Coupe and Roadster), and LB82X-R.02.13 for the MY2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 Murcielago Coupe and Roadster.
SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:FOUNDATION COMPONENTS:DISC:ROTOR
- Here are the best-selling vehicles in America
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler: Everything we know
- Trump and Clinton seen in surprising cars
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Tesla just installed Autopilot on all its cars
- How to drive an Acura NSX into a casino
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover