NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 16V178000
RECALL DATE: 2016-03-30
Honda (American Honda Motor Co.) is recalling certain model year 2004-2007 Accord vehicles manufactured October 1, 2003, to August 17, 2007. The affected vehicles may have been assembled with an incorrect passenger frontal air bag module that does not comply with the advanced air bag requirements. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
An air bag module does not meet the advanced air bag requirements can increase the risk of injury or death in the event of a crash.
Honda will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and replace the air bag module as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on May 2, 2016. Owners may contact Honda customer service at 1-800-999-1009. Honda's number for this recall is JZ3.
AIR BAGS:PASSENGER SIDE FRONTAL
Honda (American Honda Motor Co.)
- Here are the best-selling vehicles in America
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler: Everything we know
- Trump and Clinton seen in surprising cars
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- 2018 Chevy Corvette ZR1 convertible spied
- Jeep Grand Wagoneer coming soon
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover