NHTSA Campaign ID #
ON CERTAIN PASSENGER AND SPORT UTILITY VEHICLES, THE AUTOMATIC REAR LID INCLUDES AN ELECTRIC MOTOR AND CLUTCH THAT WORK IN CONJUNCTION WITH TWO GAS STRUTS TO OPEN AND CLOSE THE REAR LID, INCLUDING A MANUAL CLOSE FUNCTION. IF ONE OF THE STRUTS HAS A TOTAL LOSS OF PRESSURE, THE RESULTANT SLOW MOVEMENT OF THE REAR LID IS INTERPRETED BY THE SOFTWARE AS AN INTENDED MANUAL CLOSE AND THE MOTOR CLUTCH RELEASES TO CLOSE THE REAR LID IMMEDIATELY.
THIS CAN RESULT IN AN UNINTENDED RAPID CLOSING OF THE REAR LID WITH A RISK OF PERSONAL INJURY.
DEALERS WILL INSTALL NEW SOFTWARE FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON SEPTEMBER 14, 2007. OWNERS MAY CONTACT AUDI AT 1-800-822-2834.
Volkswagen Group of America, Inc.
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- Mini recalls 30K Hardtops to improve side-impact protection
- Deaths? Danger? Consumers still don't care about recalls
- 208k Kia Soul models recalled over broken pedals
- Federal investigators seek clarity on millions of Takata documents
- Takata fined $14,000 a day for failing to cooperate with feds
- New NHTSA boss: More recalls ahead
- Auto industry insider previews tell-all book, What Did Jesus Drive?
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »