NHTSA Campaign ID #
CERTAIN 2 DOOR COUPE AND CONVERTIBLE VEHICLES MAY HAVE BEEN SUPPLIED WITH A TAILPIPE THAT MAY HAVE BEEN PRODUCED WITH A WELD LOCATED BETWEEN THE FASTENING CLIP AND EXHAUST PIPE, WHICH IS INADEQUATELY DIMENSIONED. ALSO INCLUDED ARE CERTAIN ACCESSORY EXHAUST PIPES INSTALLED BY DEALERS.
IF THE WELD COMPLETELY FAILS, THE EXHAUST PIPE CAN DETACH FROM THE VEHICLE, WHICH COULD STARTLE THE DRIVER RESULTING IN A CRASH.
DEALERS WILL INSTALL A NEW TAILPIPE WITH A LONGER SEAM WELD FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON JANUARY 24, 2006. OWNERS MAY CONTACT PORSCHE AT 1-800-545-8039.
ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING:EXHAUST SYSTEM
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- Mini recalls 30K Hardtops to improve side-impact protection
- Deaths? Danger? Consumers still don't care about recalls
- 208k Kia Soul models recalled over broken pedals
- Federal investigators seek clarity on millions of Takata documents
- Takata fined $14,000 a day for failing to cooperate with feds
- New NHTSA boss: More recalls ahead
- Auto industry insider previews tell-all book, What Did Jesus Drive?
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »