2004 Volvo XC70 Safety Overview & Features
ABS brakes automatically sense when a tire has stopped rotating under extreme braking, and will modulate the brake pressure to allow the tire to rotate. This increases the vehicles ability to turn while braking.
Front-impact airbags for the driver and passenger have been designed to protect the head during a frontal crash.
Side impact airbags
Side impact airbags for the front seats have been designed to protect the torso during a side impact collision.
Overhead airbags are used to protect the occupant's heads in the event of a side collision or rollover.
Seatbelt pretensioners automatically tighten seatbelts to place the occupant in the optimal seating position during a collision.
Anti-whiplash head restraints actively react to rear collision forces and craddle the occupants head in an effort to reduce the likelihood of a whiplash injury.
The vehicle is equipped with a means of anticipating and/or detecting unwanted vehicle intrusion. The vehicle is equipped with an ignition disable device that will prevent the engine from starting if the correct original manufacturer key is not used.
2004 Volvo XC70 Safety
- 2.5T A 4dr AWD Station Wagon
- Airbags, frontal
- driver and front passenger
- Airbags, side impact
- seat mounted, driver and passenger
- Airbags, side curtain
- curtain 1st and 2nd row
- Traction control
- In-Vehicle Assistance Service
- On-Call Plus
- Stolen-vehicle tracking
- Seatbelt pre-tensioners
- front and rear
- Exterior light control
- auto off
- Delay off headlamps
- Headlight washer
- Daytime running lights
- Illuminated entry
- Remote keyless entry
- keyfob (all doors)
- Panic alarm
- Door locks
- power with 2 stage unlock
- Rear child safety door locks
- Content theft-deterrent alarm system
- Ignition disable
- Theft deterrent radio
*The data and content on this web site is subject to change without notice. Neither AOL nor any of its data or content providers shall be liable for errors in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon.
- Chevy's low-cost pedestrian avoidance to debut on 2016 Malibu
- Fiat Chrysler to get $105M fine from NHTSA for recall woes
- Are old airbags killers?
- Ten minutes in a hot car proves too much for adults
- Critics say in-dash display screens raise safety concerns
- This vacuum brake sucks, in the best way
- Ford continues autonomous tech development
FIND A GREAT USED CAR
Great Auto Loan Rates
Low Rates on New and Used AutosPowered By Apply In One Easy Step »