NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID: 14V261000
RECALL DATE: 2014-05-19
General Motors is recalling certain model year 2004-2008 Chevrolet Aveo vehicles equipped with daytime running lights (DRL). In the affected vehicles, there may be heat generated within the DRL module located in the center console in the instrument panel, which could melt the DRL module.
If the DRL module melts due to the heat generation, it could cause a vehicle fire.
GM will notify owners, and dealers will install a revised DRL module, inspect the wiring connector for heat damage, and clean the DRL circuit grounds. Owners were sent interim notices on August 14, 2014. The recall began on February 6, 2015. Owners may contact General Motors customer service at 1-800-222-1020 (Chevrolet). General Motors recall number for this campaign is 14236.
General Motors LLC
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover