2001 Impala Owner Reviews (1)
IMPALA BUYERS BE AWARE!
marmaglio Sep 10, 2007
Shame on GM for putting out an engine with a known defect that costs around $800 to get fix and it happens around 70,000 miles.
The 3400 Engine used in many of GMs cars has a known problem with the lower intake gasket that fails and costs $800 to get fixed. If not caught in time the engine will be ruined when the coolant leaks into the engine oil crankcase. There is a class action suit pending in Canada by GM owners whom have had this problem.
Also a known problem the bushings on the lower A frames fail and you will feel a knock in the brake petal and steering wheel when coming to a stop.
Don't buy an Impala with this engine or you will be sorry!!!!!
Own or Drive this Vehicle? Write a Review
- Jeremy Clarkson picks 10 Terrible Cars
- Mercedes-AMG GT goes topless for 2017
- Car Questions: Autoblog's new Q&A platform
- Emissions will kill us before we run out of oil
- How to go autonomous for under a grand
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!
Research another vehicle
- Alfa Romeo
- Aston Martin
- Land Rover