Across the Do-It-Yourself electric-conversion landscape, there is perhaps no EV drivetrain more longed for than that comprised of a liquid-cooled AC motor mated to a single-speed gearbox. Unfortunately, they are difficult to come by, as the motors are typically only made available to automakers and are usually quite expensive. Gearboxes? Fuggedaboutit.
Bentley Azure Videos
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX