Bentley was founded in 1919, and in addition to being known for its ultra high-end automobiles, also produced rotary engines during World War I. It was purchased by Rolls-Royce in 1931, and the two brands co-existed together until 1998 when they were purchased by the Volkswagen Group. BMW, however, retained the rights to the Rolls-Royce name, and the two brands were eventually split apart in January 2003.
- Acura scores lowest in customer satisfaction
- The BMW M4 is spied with a massive wing
- Find the right minivan with our Car Finder tool
- Hybrids make poor financial sense for buyers
- The Grand Tour's legal fracas with Top Gear
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!